Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Bright Mix
Hey everyone, I'm new to this group. I've listen to a bunch of your guys mixes and its great stuff please check out mine and let me know your thoughts.

Big Grin

You are hearing mix number 3. On the first mix I noticed I had the vocals a little too bright lol. So I fixed that I hope in mix 2. Mix 3 I decided to tune the chorus vocal a little bit. Not sure why the vocal sounds so bad on its own, If I were able to talk to the person that recorded it Id ask if it was intention or just try and find out what vibe was intended. I mixed it the way I thought it was intended to be due to me not being able to have a conversation with the artist or the engineer. All in all I think this is a pretty cool track. My initial thoughts were that I wanted the electro part to hit really hard, but at the same time seamlessly bring together both the acoustic kit and electro kit to sound like they work well together. Please give me your guys input on anything you think the song lacks or does well at. I love hearing input so I can further expand my mixing abilities. Thanks everyone for listen and responding. If you really really like what you hear here I have a book for sell in the kindle amazon store called mixing music like a pro. I believe right now you can get it for free so go check that out if you'd like too.

Peace Wink

.mp3    To Bright Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

I think it sounds good! good sonic characteristics. very clean and bright.

The HH is too high for my taste, but i love the tone. cymbals too, but cymbals can be brighter.
I think its lacking some really nice vocal reverb with a longer tail, and more volume.
And the BG vox in the chorus are tracked very well, and without them present in the mix it sounds empty to me. In my mix they take over the lead.
All in all, very solid mix IMO. I can tell you know what you're doing and my comments are all coming down to personal preference. Good Job man!
Check my mix if you get a chance! would love to hear your feedback.