Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurrection mix
Hi people,
Just looking for some advice about my version of Resurrection. Mixed and mastered, maybe a bit too low DR (it's DR5) but my references were d&b tracks with nothing more than bassline and drums, so they sounded even louder anyway. Note: overcompressed cymbal is a "creative" choice. Smile

I used this track mainly to experiment with parallel processing. Drums have a bus with a ping-pong delay distorted and bitcrushed, just to make it move a bit. Also, a parallel bus was used on bass for a bit of distortion, along with two "lowender" buss (one for kick and one for bass) to gain some low-end.

I just uploaded it onto Soundcloud, so I hope it's good to link it instead of uploading, as link is sure not dead: https://soundcloud.com/magneto538/skelpo...tion-remix
Hello there Magneto!

Lovely Flanger-Effect on the Background-Pad in the beginning! The use of Reverb and Delay also seems very appropriate, good job on that.
The Cymbal should probably be less compressed on the initial Hit, but right after it this sidechaining seems like a brilliant idea!
Good parallel processing right here as well, I really like the sound of the Bass. Smile

What I am missing are the Lead-Synth in the last Chorus especially - Might be worth raising the gain there. The vocals cut through the Mix very well, though these could benefit from less Gain - About 2 dB or so would be great already.

All in all, this Mix is very creative and I adore every single bit of it! Looking forward to hearing more Mixes of you, digging your style!
Good Job! Smile