Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hands Lost - Ambitions
Wow... this had me struggling for much longer than I expected and against better judgement I've only listened to this mix on a couple of headphones (HD650 and HD380). I'll check it in the car tomorrow.

I've kept the drums pretty dry and ran the bass through a limiter while ducking it to the kick to get some tightness into it. The guitars have a compressor sidechained to the vocals to push them down a bit when there are vocals.

.mp3    All Hands Lost - Ambitions2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

Hi whoosh !

I find the kick struggling with the bass. Maybe a sidechained compressor on the bass can help. The snare is a bit too much behind the guitars. They're very aggressive. I think a bit more of mids would help them to sit better ?

We definitively can hear the side chained compressor on the guitars, it's a bit disturbing. Maybe just lowering down a bit the guitars can be enough ?

I like the overall tone of your mix. Very rock, nice use of automation on the vocals. Great delays used as well !
I had lots of trouble with this song. How did you get that fx for the gtr in the intro that play melody ? Great guitar sounds (could have a little less of 2k, but that is just my taste). Drums could be louder (especially the snare) and snare will be better with more reverb and distortion. Otherwise, it sounds like a record to me.