Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix on Come Around
Any comment welcomed

.mp3    come around.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

Hellooooo Smile! There is time when you can or can't pick customers and the same goes for songs. In this case the song's just way out of your league. Only thing that I'd suggest is that something should be done on back vocals, if that's been missed on a tracking stage, than you can only do "abracadabra", but I think that wouldn't cut it, so it should be done in a tracking stage.
The money is in the lyrics, you should always treat them like the most important part of the song, if they are there. Your vocals sound a little mid colored and not as crisp or as loud as they could be.

Bass is a little loud too, and the overall feel is a little anti-climatic on terms of levels.

Nothing is out of any ones league, it's just the amount of time and practice put into the work.
I like the guitar placement. The drums are a little murky though.. I think if you brought out the top end it would really make the track come alive. Come to think of it I think the track could benefit from some added highs or reduced lows. If you do that I think you would hear the mix come alive.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Also if you get a chance could you take a listen to my mix? I'd like to hear what people think: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=16482

Thanks
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650