Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What I Want
Really liked this song, well recorded too and it's nice to have a source choice Smile I remember expecting a bit more push during the break on another mix and now that I've done it myself, I didn't really push much during the bridge myself either...

Anyways, looking forward to the comments!

edit: took the comments to heart. Punchy snare, less verb on the vocals

.mp3    The Brew- What I Want.mp3 --  (Download: 7.31 MB)

.mp3    The Brew- What I Want2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.29 MB)

Hi whoosh,

Nice bass this time Wink Very well defined. Drums are too bright for my taste, especially the snare. It lacks low end to give it more punch.
Very balanced mix. The vocal reverb is too big for me. It sounds more like a live version.

So, just some adjustments here and there Wink
I definitely dig the mix man, it sounds fantastic. Yeah, mine was the one where you commented that the bridge needed to be pushed. My only issue (besides the drums and verb that were brought up) I found is actually in the bridge, one little bass note hits your comp a bit too hard. . . If it's just one bass note, I would leave it as a beauty mark Wink
Hehehe, thanks guys. I very much agree with the drums. Just had a listen in the car, the snare lacks punch indeed.
Yeah, it's funny how I fel that need to push the bridge and then didn't feel that need all that much once I started in my mix.
I really dig your version too, the vocals on that one are really great!