Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dune Rider" - My mix.
This song mixed like butter, I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Please offer feedback, if you will.

.mp3    Dune Rider.mp3 --  (Download: 15.37 MB)

Hi,

great balance and lovely bass. The overall sound is a bit too dark for my taste and the vocals could need some more work as there are a lot of words that get lost.

Artbass
Thank you for your input. Smile

I'm actually a great lover of dark music, so when my mixes are called dark I tend to take it as a huge compliment, even if it's not necessarily meant as one. Big Grin
I have to agree that the mix has a darn good balance and a wonderful bass sound to it. Though I'm not entirely sure I agree with the drums being pretty much to one side. Kind of gets too much on a single ear. Personally, I don't think the mix is too dark. Then again I have noticed that I have a certain attraction to darker sounding mixes. But I digress.

Overall I thought it was pretty enjoyable.
Thank you for the feedback. I also made a mono version of this mix, if you'd prefer that. The hard panned drums were actually an homage to the Velvet Underground (my favorite band)'s first album (and quite a few other sixties records, too); a spectacular influence on me.

.mp3    Dune Rider (mono).mp3 --  (Download: 15.37 MB)

The balance is ok to me. But it lacks some energy specially in the mids. The snare lacks some brightness. And the vocal sometimes get lost, you could compress it more and/or automate it more.

Other than that i liked the mix, the vibe you went for fits the song nicely in my opinion.

Love the bass and bass drum sound.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy people seem to be enjoying this mix, even with some caveats.
I agree your bass sound is fantastic

<-- *jealous*