Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Ultra Violet Apology - Olli H
The sound of my mix comes quite directly from the tracks. I mainly concentrated on balances. Little eq and compression here and there.

The room track and overheads track felt to me as if they were from different takes. At least the end part.

.mp3    150124-apology-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 12.51 MB)

.mp3    150125-apology-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 12.51 MB)

Hey Olli, nice level balance overall. Don't know what's going on at the end there but one of the tracks with cymbal hits in it is out of time. Not sure why as I didn't notice it in the raw tracks and haven't heard it in any other mixes ... Huh

Some targeted subtractive eq should also help with clarity in the frequency balance, cheers, nick
I noticed that you got a very natural mix. No need to use sophisticated plugins to achieve a good sound. I'm actually working on this one and you've given me a couple of ideas to apply in my mix.

I've also noted that there are OH hits that are not synchronized in the tracks. Not only in your mix, but also in mine. I think we have to check on that.
mixing since April 2013
Thanks for listening fellows. I made some minimal changes to overall sound (first post), but I tried to keep the vox full.
There's indeed something fishy going on with the room track. I might have left those ear drilling weird FX riff guitars more to the background. Smile Anyways, good job. Nice warmth.