Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can i get some feedback on my mix?
Hey guys, I've been practicing my mixing techniques on "Daisy Daisy" for a few days now. It's actually one of the assignments i have for school.
I did a lot of automation on this song, and i really tried to get the drums to sound punchy but i never achieved it :\ (I did parallel compression and compressed the original tracks too)
let me know what you think Rolleyes

.mp3    Daisy Daisy(Final Mix3).mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

Hi Hxc-mixer. Welcome!

Just my personal thoughts:

- Too much reverb on guitar
- Guitar fade in works well i the into, but elsewhere is anti climactic.
- the delayed guitar after the first verse is too intense.
- The drums do sound punchy. I like them.
- Love the bass too.
- I would have the second vocal track sit lower

For a punk song like this, I believe less is more. I would love to hear you do a dryer version of this song: Less reverb and no delay. Overall, I think you did a great job though. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing more of your mixes. Smile

(25-01-2015, 12:28 PM)Mixmasterwannabe Wrote: Hi Hxc-mixer. Welcome!

Just my personal thoughts:

- Too much reverb on guitar
- Guitar fade in works well i the into, but elsewhere is anti climactic.
- the delayed guitar after the first verse is too intense.
- The drums do sound punchy. I like them.
- Love the bass too.
- I would have the second vocal track sit lower

For a punk song like this, I believe less is more. I would love to hear you do a dryer version of this song: Less reverb and no delay. Overall, I think you did a great job though. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing more of your mixes. Smile

Hey Mixmaster, i took your advice on the guitar reverb + delay and vocals. I also compressed the guitars and added a flanger to the solo guitar.
Did a small master compression too.

I would definitely try to do a dryer version as soon as i hand in my mix to school.

Anyway here's the recent fix, let me know what you think Angel:

.mp3    daisy daisy (4).mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

Hi Hxc-mixer;

I just had listen to your new mix. Love the flanged guitar solo. However, the master compressor is pumping away at the mix. I think this happens with the kick and bass guitar.