Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew "What i want" mixed by akor
Rate my mix)
Hey there akor !

Nice mix you did here. Like the dry drum sound, even if it may lack of depth a litlle...
Voice is good, upfront as possible, i like it. The side effect of this is that i hear many mouth noises... maybe a little work on automation should solve this.
Backing vocals are then maybe too lost in the mix but it might be question of taste.

Bass sounds really deep and got a lot of low end. I would have made something to make it more "readable", like boosting it a bit around 1k.

And the think, which can be nothing, but jumped to my ears : why didn't you clean the very begining and the very ending ? we can hear buzzes, noises, hum, musicians speaking... doesn't feel very "finished" ! Maybe you're on your way to a second a cleaner version ?

Anyway this is a good mix, it sounds dynamic and deep, the tracking was very good and you did well with it !

Cheers

Xabi
Hi! Thanks for the comment! Really, I am somewhat in a reupload the mix, it's not a finished version!) 2 version, modified, will soon be ready ...
Sorry for my english (
Hi,

I tend to agree with Xabix. The problem with the sibiliants is that they cover the same area as the hihat and they seem to fight each other a bit, resulting in a blurred rhythm.

I like the piano! The background vocals seem to be to quiet, esepecially when they enter for the first time.

Looking forward to your new version.

Artbass
Thank you! The new version will be soon ...)
New version
The first mix is better for me. Good mix.
(02-02-2013, 12:20 PM)gvborg Wrote: The first mix is better for me. Good mix.
Tnx!
New version)

.mp3    The Brew \'What I Want\'_3Version.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)