Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Session on "What i want"
Hey,

i had a quick mixing session on that song. I´m finally not quite happy with that mix, because i think its a bit too roomy and the backing vocals doesn`t fit quite well into the mix.

What do you think?

Don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Regards, Eric.

EDIT: I did a second Version to get rid off the points i wrote.

.mp3    What I Want - master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.31 MB)

.mp3    What I Want - master V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.27 MB)

Love your v2, haven't listened to v1 yet, but 2 is nice and glassy, and poppy. I dig it. The only note I can really come up with is the first not of each chorus hits the compressor harder than anything else, and it gets a touch muddy for about 1/2 a second. . . if that's the only thing I can come up with I say, bravo. Every so often it may be a bit low mid heavy, but not offensively.

Now I wanna mix it. . .

Draper
(21-01-2015, 02:29 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Love your v2, haven't listened to v1 yet, but 2 is nice and glassy, and poppy. I dig it. The only note I can really come up with is the first not of each chorus hits the compressor harder than anything else, and it gets a touch muddy for about 1/2 a second. . . if that's the only thing I can come up with I say, bravo. Every so often it may be a bit low mid heavy, but not offensively.

Now I wanna mix it. . .

Draper

Thank you for your feedback. I have to say that these song is pretty well recorded and that is so important to bring out a good mix.

So, I'm really curious about your mix.

Regards, Eric
Uploaded my version last night. Lemme know what you think! Thanks in advance.

Draper
Love the main vocals! The cymbals right before the first chorus are lovely too. I haven't listened to any other mixes or the sources yet but this sounds nice all around. The only thing is I'd like the bridge to have more oomph happening. Maybe push it a bit harder there?