Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impossible Colours - Dune Rider Mix
(02-02-2013, 12:31 AM)APZX Wrote: Woah! Caught me by surprise in the first 15 seconds. That is a pretty upfront mix of this song. But it does have pretty good level of clarity which is nice. Also, interesting what you did with the vocals. Sounds like a phaser maybe? Though I am kind of disappointed at the total lack of Hammond in this one. When things get full on the Hammond just kind of disappears. Especially evident at around 4 min. The song wants to go bigger but can't. You already hit the wall before and the entire thing sounds like it kind of collapses at a few points.

Despite the bit at ~4 min. I think it is a pretty good mix. Certainly gets loud and has a "big sound".

I took the approach of mixing it as if it were a hired gig and the rough mix that's posted was what was given to me, and I heard a guitar song. I agree with you on the B3 could have come up a little bit on its riffs during the verse, but I also chose to showcase it during the bridge/breakdown. The vocals just have a leslie mixed in to taste Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impossible Colours - Dune Rider Mix - by APZX - 02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Impossible Colours - Dune Rider Mix - by 20000 Hz Under The Sea - 02-02-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: Impossible Colours - Dune Rider Mix - by APZX - 02-02-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Impossible Colours - Dune Rider Mix - by Dags - 17-03-2013, 11:12 PM