Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall of Death -- "Femme"
went for a straight-ahead death metal mix -- heavy on the kick attack, lots of compression, narrow OHs, carved out a sizable chunk of the bass guitar frequencies to make room for the guitars, etc.

i'd especially like feedback about the guitar tone. the classic death metal sound is typically heavily-scooped mids; while this sounds great when playing by yourself at moderate volume (i speak from experience), it tends to get lost in a mix environment. so i went for a more midrange-y tone for note definition and clarity.

thank you all in advance.

.mp3    femme.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

(15-01-2015, 11:44 PM)casual friday Wrote: went for a straight-ahead death metal mix -- heavy on the kick attack, lots of compression, narrow OHs, carved out a sizable chunk of the bass guitar frequencies to make room for the guitars, etc.

i'd especially like feedback about the guitar tone. the classic death metal sound is typically heavily-scooped mids; while this sounds great when playing by yourself at moderate volume (i speak from experience), it tends to get lost in a mix environment. so i went for a more midrange-y tone for note definition and clarity.

thank you all in advance.

Hey Casual Friday!

I love the guitars! They are lethal. The bass sits nice. The vocals are great, not too in your face, but aggressive. The drums sound good, but maybe could be louder overall, and panned wider. You seem to have used a tasteful amount of reverb: It's not too obvious, but there is something gluing all of the tracks together, and giving a sense of space.

I like how you muted the guitars in the bridge just before the Egyptian solo.

Nice work!