Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
88 Mix - Slowdown
Decided to build on the live aspect of the recording and wanted to key in on that energy. I'm really trying to hone my mixing skills and I'm excited to find this site. I'm concerned about my bass and I feel like I may have eq'ed the master a tad too warm

.mp3    Slow Down.mp3 --  (Download: 2.92 MB)

Building on that live aspect is quite a nice idea, though i think it's not very convincing how you did it. I would expect this screaming through the whole song rather at a concert that is addressed to teenie girls such as Tokyo Hotel or Backstreet Boys (I don't know any current boy groups...). Some kind of clapping would probably do it better.

With all that background noise it's hard to judge the mixing of the song itself. It seems to be alright. But like everyone else I would advise you to work out the backing vocals on the "postchorus" - whatever you might call this part. The middle pitch sings the main melody and the backing vocals are just as important as the lead vocals in this part (slow down, baby!).
I have no complain for the approach beside some improvement has to be done like audience through out the music its like they are on the same level which makes some part of the music but they are not. Rather if I were you I would spend too much time how to pop up my toms in the mix. the audience are fighting the tom in terms of places. Jessica bottom frequency is totally missed in this mix. her bottom her low frequency vocal melodies are so gorgeous so keep thinking about that. and the last thing try to fix the Ppop in the mix. and also use fader riding technique to avoid and help the compressor to react in a very consistent matter.
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.