Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Bright mix
I would appreciate any feedback and/or advice on this mix!

.mp3    Too Bright_1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

(13-01-2015, 11:55 PM)starrtwo Wrote: I would appreciate any feedback and/or advice on this mix!

Nice mix....you handled the VOX EQ quite well. I had some difficulty with EQing this mix right.

Cheers

(23-01-2015, 04:09 PM)chuck moe Wrote:
(13-01-2015, 11:55 PM)starrtwo Wrote: I would appreciate any feedback and/or advice on this mix!

Nice mix....you handled the VOX EQ quite well. I had some difficulty with EQing this mix right.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
(24-01-2015, 02:23 AM)starrtwo Wrote:
(23-01-2015, 04:09 PM)chuck moe Wrote:

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Feedback seems spares here unfortunately. What EQ bands did you need to cut for the VOX? I felt there was way too much midrange.
Sounds pretty good overall. A few things that didn't quite work for me, though:

- The effect on the Rhodes sounds a little bit cheesy maybe, especially in the intro?

- The lead vox in the chorus sound too small - like he's in a cupboard... It's a tricky vocal to mix, since it was recorded so badly, and it makes sense therefore to give more prominence to the backing vox, but at the moment you've got a drop in impact and energy as you move from verse to chorus

- The Rhodes FX track is a bit too dominant in the chorus, I think

- Given that the backing vocals sound good, it's a shame that you haven't panned them to help make the chorus sound bigger

- Some of the synths sound a bit dry to me

- The lead vocal in the middle 8 is quite a bit too low in the mix

Hope that helps!
(27-01-2015, 09:33 PM)laurieharrison Wrote: Sounds pretty good overall. A few things that didn't quite work for me, though:

- The effect on the Rhodes sounds a little bit cheesy maybe, especially in the intro?

- The lead vox in the chorus sound too small - like he's in a cupboard... It's a tricky vocal to mix, since it was recorded so badly, and it makes sense therefore to give more prominence to the backing vox, but at the moment you've got a drop in impact and energy as you move from verse to chorus

- The Rhodes FX track is a bit too dominant in the chorus, I think

- Given that the backing vocals sound good, it's a shame that you haven't panned them to help make the chorus sound bigger

- Some of the synths sound a bit dry to me

- The lead vocal in the middle 8 is quite a bit too low in the mix

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot for this response, I will definitely have a look into some of these factors.