Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Bright
Thanks for the listen and any input is welcome Smile

.mp3    Too Bright.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

.mp3    Too Bright Final.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi Bob
Having a little listen haven't downloaded yet but thinking of having a try .
I like your mix nice use of effects ,every body body's monitors translate differently so don't take much notice of my observations as probably wrong, Anyway a couple of things that jump out on my monitors ,The vocals sound a touch harsh especially in the chorus approximately 3-6k area maybe some De-essing .Can hear some mid bass frequency build up rough guess 150-300 area with the bass ,Rhodes ,kick and snare .
The hi hats sound a touch upfront ,missing some dynamics especially on the snare could be compression Big Grin !

(15-01-2015, 08:41 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Bob
The vocals sound a touch harsh especially in the chorus approximately 3-6k area maybe some De-essing .Can hear some mid bass frequency build up rough guess 150-300 area with the bass ,Rhodes ,kick and snare .
The hi hats sound a touch upfront ,missing some dynamics especially on the snare could be compression Big Grin !

I agree with your statement that there is some mid bass frequency build up, Rhodes is to bass heavy (I would use hpf around 100) . Vocal is sounding harsh, but I think around 2k. Drums need more high end.
Thanks for the input, guys. Here it is with some more eq work.

.mp3    Too Bright 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
You really brought out the groove in the drums which I like. A lot of the mixes I've listen to the ghost notes on the snare were just to low to cut and the groove suffered.

The choruses are a little underwhelming but they were hard to fill out. I like what you done with them just needed pushed more !