Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines: 'Semantics' (first post and mix)
Hi first post and mix here, just killing some time and practicing my skills and keen for any feedback.

This song (and band) reminded me of Jimmy Eat World and Hot Water Music/The Draft, not really my taste anymore but thought I'd have a go since I loved this kind of stuff a few years back.

Strange gap between the chorus and bridge, really lets the momentum down going into the bridge and sorry, I skipped the whole end section and finished on that last chorus. Seemed like a bunch of random bits slapped on the end, some of them cool but it just went nowhere...

Drums had some strange stuff going on. Timing issues and overheads slipping out with the close mics/triggers. Bass was ok (but ended up reamping the DI) and the guitars and vocals were fairly well recorded.

.mp3    Forkupines Semantics.mp3 --  (Download: 6.61 MB)

Hi!
Yes, there were some major problems with the drum stems. My fault, sorry! Seems like I hit some wrong button while exporting.
My thoughts to the mix: It's really close to mine in the overall balance. I love the bass phase fx at the intro and your compression work.
The snare sounds great! The kick is maybe too low-heavy and that's why it's drowned a little in the mix. But I really like your mix, great job!
Nice ending. I'm going to show it to the band Smile Keep up!