Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Long Wait - Dark Horses
My mix of this awesome tune. I did their other song, Back Home to Blue (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...p?tid=7808), first so I tried to keep them in a similar way soundwise. Looking forward to your comments!

Added a revised mix as per comments: less growl on the bass, vocals up a bit after the bridge and a nicer fade which still has an "ending"

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses.mp3 --  (Download: 9.47 MB)

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

Delay on the acoustic guitar is nice and definitely in keeping with the genre. Smile

A bit too much bass guitar for my tastes.
Rather reserved vocal treatment. I think that too fits.
I think the electric guitars could stand to come up a touch though.
Coming out of that bridge, I'd raise the vocal up a dB or two when the guitar solo ends. It kind of fades down a little too much.
Good application of reverb on those stick hits at the end. I like.
Excellent fade towards the end, just bringing it down some before letting it end on its own. Probably the best ending I've heard so far on the ones I've listening to (and that includes my own.)

This is a very good mix. A few nitpick polishing things I'd do but if I were the artist I would *not* be disappointed. Nice job!
Old West Audio
Thanks much for your kind words! Bass is a bit prominent indeed, maybe a bit less growl might work. I do agree on the drop after the solo, needs to come up a bit there. I'll have another listen tomorrow.
Revised the mix as per suggestions and yeah, I like them. Bass is down a notch but also has less growl in it. Voculs up after the bridge a bit and a nicer fade at the end while still keeping the endnote.
Gtrs and bass sound great, amazing vocals but I think that drums lack power.
Thanks a bunch! Agreed, drums are a bit on the safe side. I hadn't listened to this one for a while, but the vocals worked out great indeed Smile I did a mix of one of their songs on a mixing contest and man, I should have used this mix as a reference.