Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Caboney - Back To Blue
Hey!

This is my version, hope you like it.
And leve a coment!Smile

Cheers from swe

.mp3    Long Wait - Back Home To Blue.mp3 --  (Download: 6.37 MB)

Hi Caboney,

Your mix caused me to listen to mine a little differently. Yours has a bit more "punch". I also like the fullness of the cymbals.

I'm revisiting my mix this evening and trying a few things.

Thanks for your efforts creating and posting this.

-Jim
Thanks for the input jmullis!
I'm glad that my mix could be to any helpSmile

I belive it's a good thing to listen to what others have done with the same mix. You can sure learn alot from it.

Keep up the work and I wish you best of luckSmile
Skål!
Overall a pretty nicely balanced mix - well structured and put together.

I really like the tone you have here with the L & R guitars. The stereo panning seems a bit wide in the intro, although once the band comes in I don't really notice it.

You have lots of resonance in your bass (~120hz) that needs controlling as its rumbling a fair bit. Also your guitars and vox need looking at (200-300 hz) as they get a bit bloated from time to time.

lots to like - a bit of surgical EQ will take it to the next level. Good jobBig Grin
Thanks, HbGuitar, for your input!Smile

I will check out the freq on the bass, guitars and vocals as soon as I get time for it!

Over and outSmile
too much over head, very tiny, kick comparing to the snare, lovely balance however you really need to work on your drum. The placement is lovely. feel free to listen my rough mix and comment.
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
I enjoyed the balance of this mix. The guitars work really nicely. Love the snare too! Kick needs a bit of beef indeed. as for the overheads, I do think they work, they make everything sound nice and open, and that really works well with this song.
alright. I will look it over and see what I can do about the kick.

Thanks for the input!Smile

cheers!
I agree, some tightening/tidying up the low end in general and a bit more punch to the kick and you're in the ballpark. The overall sound is pleasant to my tired ears. The solo guitars could perhaps be more upfront.