Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Bound- IWMFFW
Let me know what you think and what I can improve on...

Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Atlantis Bound_Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)

Just from the first second, ,I can tell the master is wayyyy over limited. It's pumping and sounding completely squashed. Also, it's quite dark - do you have bright monitors? The rhythm guitar is very dry and overpowering, and the vocals are very dry and bright compared to the other instruments. That's just my two cents - I'm not trying to be rude or anything, you just asked what we thought Smile I do like the balance of the background vocals around 1:30 though - they sit nicely.
BA(Hons) Audio Production at SAE London
(10-01-2015, 05:28 AM)Professor Smooth Wrote: Just from the first second, ,I can tell the master is wayyyy over limited. It's pumping and sounding completely squashed. Also, it's quite dark - do you have bright monitors? The rhythm guitar is very dry and overpowering, and the vocals are very dry and bright compared to the other instruments. That's just my two cents - I'm not trying to be rude or anything, you just asked what we thought Smile I do like the balance of the background vocals around 1:30 though - they sit nicely.

Hey,
Thanks for the reply I thought the same after listening to it a couple times and redid a few things:

-Added reverb to the vocals
-Guitars
-Piano
-Reverse piano was added for effect in the interlude and took out the guitar part because I felt that it was too much with both that and piano.

-I think the main reason of the pumping was because of how squashed I made the drums sound, so I adjusted them so they fit better within the mix.

Please give this take a listen and let me know... Big Grin

Thanks again for the input Smile

Also this was mixed in headphones :\

.mp3    AB_Mix_2015.mp3 --  (Download: 4.16 MB)

So I have worked on the compression and a little bit more and tweaked a few other things. I also added some reverb to lead guitars and added a reverse piano effect to the interlude..

Please, I need as much critique as possible so I can improve. Big Grin

I think this will be the last time I attempt this mix and going to move on with another one Big Grin

Thanks for listening!

.mp3    AB_Mix_1.11.2015.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Hey! I just listen to the last mix. Is pretty well, the only two things i dont like:

1 - The kick needs some low, sounds very..."plastic" i cant find another word for that feeling !

2 - The vocals needs more space! Bring it closer!

That's what i can tell.

Listen to my mix if you can, I would apreciate a few comments for improvements!