Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise half dubby mix
Here is my mix, i added some dub style effects to try keeping the song interesting.

.mp3    arise mix-01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.04 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Hi There!
Interesting dub mix you got going on. Personally I find the keys in the 'Take It' break way too up front (both in level and frequency). Also, at times, the delay timing on rim-shots is slightly off and on my lo-fi PC speakers the bass lacks definition - maybe a slight boost to the 600Hz-800Hz region will aid definition...
Other than that... I enjoyed the mix!
Cheers
Thanks for listening.

I agree with everything you said. Now that i hear it in the laptop, the bass dissapears in laptop speakers, and the keyboards are too loud.

The off time delays doesnt bother me much.
I like this mix. The mentioned delays seem to add to the mood in my ears. The keys are too loud, but that has already been covered.
Really enjoyed this - if the kick and bass were more present and upfront it would be a killer mix. In fact i would be bold, drop the vocals altogether and make a heavyweight dub mix from this.
If i make a comment on your mix i would be very grateful if you said something about mine - all discussion leads to increasing all our knowledge! thanks lovely people :)
I'm loving the sound of the rimshot here.
Glad you like the rimshot sound, as i spend some time to make it sound warm and woody.
Dont be afraid to pitch shift it lower to make it sound deep.
- Bass is rumbly and unfocused. Are you sending it to a reverb?
- Electric piano is way too loud when it comes in.
- Some snare hits are too wet, even for reggae/dub...
+ Nice use of delay.
+ Great panning.
+ Good glue and vibe.

Of course these are my humble opinion. Take what ever you like with you, throw away the rest. Feel free to comment on my mixes too. Cheers! Smile
liking the rim,keys alittle too loud as you already know but not bad at all. cudjoe
Cool! I'll take inspiration from it for a dubbier version of my mix.
Marco