Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew "What i want" mixed by Scratch
mixed on headphones / waiting for your opinion Smile

.mp3    The Brew What i Want 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.51 MB)

Hi,

a very interesting mix. Maybe a bit bass heavy but a good balanced and tidy mix. I like the vocal sound, nice delay. The snare is a bit ringy, though. This is very obvious in that break from 2:02 on.

Artbass
thanks very much Smile
I like your kick and guitar sounds here, but I wonder whether the vocals and upper drum kit instruments are all a bit (if you'll pardon the pun!) scratchy. I'd rein in the 4-8kHz zone and try to give them a bit more density in the couple of octaves below that. As it is, the mix gets very grating on my ear if I try to turn it up at all. I wonder whether the vocal could be a bit louder too? It might just be that the recessed mids are making it feel less solid that I feel it should be.

The drum sound is certainly punchy, but I wonder whether you could do more to make it cohere into a kit. It sounds like a collection of overdubs at the moment, which makes me wonder whether you've spent enough time sorting out the phase, or maybe whether you've been a bit too assertive with your gating and/or high-pass filtering.

Thanks for posting, though -- I like the rawness of your more guitar-heavy vision here, despite my balance reservations.