Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My version
Hi guys,

I really like the song so I gave it a try Smile

P.S. Mike, thanks so much for this awesome site and the multi-tracks, you rule!

.mp3    If You Want Success.mp3 --  (Download: 11.84 MB)

The snare sound is a real statement -- love it! Smile My version deliberately reduced some of the resonances in favour of a noisier sound, but I can see how your sound can work too. I'm also OK with heavy buss compression, but I think you've overdone it here, because it sounds like you're relying on the buss compression to balance the record for you, and there are times when the balance comes rather unstuck as a result (eg. 1:30-1:45) and there are some funny transient enhancement/dulling side-effects creeping in too which don't really help the music, I don't think.

The bass is very dubby too, which is another pretty bold statement, but one I'd be happy to accept if the guitars and drums made enough room for it in the texture. As it is, the mix tonality gets rather too bloated for me.

Like the long non-tempo/sync'ed vocal delays in the 'suscipe' vocals breakdown at the end. The bass underneath it has serious balance problems, though. The first note feels a bit light on the low end, whereas the note at 4:09 goes into orbit at about 70Hz. This causes a section dynamics problem for me, because the return to the song's tonic note therefore sounds like a let-down. I seem to remember I replaced the low end of the supplied bass with a synth in my version for this reason, but it was a long time ago that Mix Rescue!
LOL - I had to comment on this version. The effect on the vocals reminds me of the Daleks' "Exterminate!"

Nothing further to add - this is a pretty good mix Smile

Dags
So many songs, so little time!