Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Window Down Day Studio - Motherload
This is my First time on here and this is my first mix with this site. It seems like some genuine people are on here trying to get their mixes more accurate.

Let me know what you think.

Mike
w/ Window Down Day Studio

.mp3    Motherload - Window Down Day.mp3 --  (Download: 5.36 MB)

Snare is too loud and drown in reverb and bass is too quiet, also you have some problems with overall balance and panning . I like the solo you played on electric guitar.
(30-01-2015, 08:30 PM)Obelix Wrote: Snare is too loud and drown in reverb and bass is too quiet, also you have some problems with overall balance and panning . I like the solo you played on electric guitar.

So other guy told me I should turn down the bass LOL. The Snare is too loud and not a crisp. I didn't play the guitar solo it was on the tracks I downloaded.

Thanks a lot for giving me you input ... it is much appreciated

Smile
(02-01-2015, 05:13 AM)blaydenz Wrote: This is my First time on here and this is my first mix with this site. It seems like some genuine people are on here trying to get their mixes more accurate.

Let me know what you think.

Mike
w/ Window Down Day Studio

Hi Mike,

Decent balance, but very loud. With extreme loudness you lose dynamics - this is quite crushed. Maybe you have a brick-wall limiter clipping a bit?

Interesting FX on the guitar solo, but I'm not sure if the phasing, etc., fits in the context of this very acoustic recording...

Feel free to check out my mix. I had made it a bit too loud at first and then backed it down so I could keep the emotion of the dynamics.

Hope you find this helpful...
Walt