Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MIX - Semantics Mandubien's take
Hi
I realy like your new mix. Way much better then the old one. Only two things I would change: The high tom is too loud in my opinion and the vocals are now to dry you could add some delay here.
But all in all realy good
Pleas also check out my mix of this song.
Hey - wow, that's a nice, crisp and tight mix! Love it!
You could turn the secondary guitars in the main riff a little lower, but that's taste of the band. I like it that way.
You brought the bass guitar in nicely.
To the break (the part only with a guitar and vocals) is meant to show the approximation effect (bass heavy voice sound if you're close to the mic), maybe leave it clean and put it right in the front to have the sensation of the singer singing right in your face. Again, a matter of taste, I love filter distortion effects.
The end part is insane! The guitars are like a wall.

Maybe you overcompressed the drum group a little so after being mastered there could be a little wobbling in the cymbals. But that's all I have to complain about. Nice work, man! Keep it up Smile
Thank you both !
Mixing with monitors is way different from mixing with headphones. But it's much easier to get a good evaluation of the stereo, especially with reverb and delays. I still use my headphones for the low ends. They go deeper in spectrum than the monitors, so I have much more precision here.
I still need to understand how they work, but I'm very happy with them !

Yeah I like sometimes to add some drastic filter and distortion effects. Of course I always listen to the band's will, but that's why I love this website, cause we can do everything we want, and learn by ourself.

Foofighter, I will listen to your mix tonight or tomorrow, I have a busy day.