Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mu-Too Bright (Jacques Mix)
Hi!

Here my mix Smile

I thought this track need some arrangement so I made some separation between rode section and copied and added in the second verse, and on the original rode in the second verse I add some delay to make it more bouncing...the rest was mixing between section. I also quick mastered the track Smile

All advice and comments are welcome Wink

Peace

Jacques

.mp3    Mu_Much too Bright R1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)

Nice mix! I think you made a good job of making the chorus sound big, though I would of liked to hear the rhodesSfx track cut through a bit more.
(20-01-2015, 10:56 PM)sano Wrote: Nice mix! I think you made a good job of making the chorus sound big, though I would of liked to hear the rhodesSfx track cut through a bit more.
Thanks!

I think the mix need to be cut in two pieces verse and choir and the two "section" got different type of mix, the choir more hip hop/trap/dub step style and verse more alternative rock were I made anyway the drum in front and the rest more inside to make then the choir the synt and the drums punchy and bigger.
For the rhodes fx I think for the type of balance I made between instruments section that was the right spot, but I agree it could be a little bit more prominent Wink

Thanks for your input it really help Smile

All best

Jacques Moretti

Yeah, I agree with you about approaching the track like the verse/chorus were two separate songs. I set up my routing to allow me to treat the bussed sections separately, which helped me get the verse/chorus balance right.
(21-01-2015, 08:15 PM)sano Wrote: Yeah, I agree with you about approaching the track like the verse/chorus were two separate songs. I set up my routing to allow me to treat the bussed sections separately, which helped me get the verse/chorus balance right.

Yes, I've routed the vox in two different busses: one for rit, one for verse. I think is the best way to approach for this kind of song. I think maybe I can do some hass fx for the rodes to make them more stereo but I think I will keep it like this...mmmh.... Smile

All best

Jacques Moretti
Great MixSmile
Nice! I think the overall approach has worked well and, you're right, this track definitely needed some arrangement help.

Only thing I really miss is the backing vox in the choruses - I think they're the best thing about the chorus and sound great with a much more prominent position in the mix - the chorus sounds a bit small without them. I also think the drums are maybe a bit quiet and dull sounding in the chorus compared to what you've got in the verse.

As a personal taste thing, I think this song needs more variation and ear candy - little spot FX on the vocals etc, otherwise it risks becoming a bit dreary (but this isn't the kind of music I usually listen to anyway...)
(25-02-2015, 06:13 PM)laurieharrison Wrote: Nice! I think the overall approach has worked well and, you're right, this track definitely needed some arrangement help.

Only thing I really miss is the backing vox in the choruses - I think they're the best thing about the chorus and sound great with a much more prominent position in the mix - the chorus sounds a bit small without them. I also think the drums are maybe a bit quiet and dull sounding in the chorus compared to what you've got in the verse.

As a personal taste thing, I think this song needs more variation and ear candy - little spot FX on the vocals etc, otherwise it risks becoming a bit dreary (but this isn't the kind of music I usually listen to anyway...)

Thx Laurie!

The backing vox are there they just as you say a bit in the back because I didn't want to make distraction from the lead one and also I wanted the synt more prominent to make the choir sound big/wide with it, not with the backing vox, but yea why not add some dB to them Smile

I don't think the drums are quiet in the choir, I think they are big and punchy maybe a bit dull (due the fact I mixed in some cheap headphone I got here at home) but quiet I don't think also because I parallelo my kick and snare to have them "in your face".

Thanks again for taking time to listen and give me your advice it always help Smile

All best

Jacques Moretti