Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
patrick talbot,reason to leave mix 1,2
once again a great track from mr talbot,this is my mix please leave reviews.Wink

.mp3    Patrick Talbot ,A Reason To Leave,.mp3 --  (Download: 10.11 MB)

Glad you liked the song. Mix sounding pretty good Cudjoe!
I like the overall punch and contrast between the sections. I like the flanger you've added to the second guitar, although I would have balanced it with more of the second guitar on the right.
I think the lead guitars have been high-passed a bit too much, the rhodes/vibra on the right is a bit too loud, and your kick is HUGE. Much too much IMHO! Sounds very compressed and loud.
There's a need for a present kick especially during the chorus, but I think you pushed the envelope Wink
Lead vocal could be a tad louder especially during the chorus where it is a bit masked by the bgvs.
Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
hi patrick thanks again for your reply,i agree with your comments so i have made some adjustments, happy 2015 to all members.Smile

.mp3    Patrick Talbot ,A Reason To Leave, mx2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

This one sounds better to me Cudjoe!
Only issue I have is with the second solo: there's a bit too much transient, looks like you've pushed a compressor with a slow attack, or used a transient designer. I would smooth it out a bit, some of the notes are much too biting.
Other than that, I like it! Good job! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thanks for your reply ptalbot I like your style of music and glad you like my mixes,iam not going to revisit the mix,one of my new years resolutions is not to revisit a mix more than twice, unless iam really pushed to,thanks again cudjoe.
Of course. Was just pointing out what I would have changed. Happy 2015!

Some air moved here
Hi!
Great song again ptalbot - especially great solos.
And a really nice mix Cudjoe.
What I would change is:
1. Less low-end on the left background guitar - it makes the bass disappear on smaller speakers.
2. Bass - saturation - little speakers problem.
3. Some delay reverb on the guitar solo.
4. The voice stands out of the mix - a little bit of compression on the whole mix, snap delay on the voice track?
5. 2:11 - i can hear distortion on the solo guitar - what ptalbot is writting is right - the transients are to high and the limiter distorts them.

But again it the artist is satisfied - I'm too Smile

And happy new year everyone Smile
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Thanks mixingafterhours! I'm satisfied that it's Cudjoe's vision of this song, I think everyone should have one and I respect that.
But for once, I prefer my own mix - which is probably unfair because I had my own vision from the start and create sources to match that... Wink

Some air moved here