Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cog in the machine
I like to mix acoustic songs so I post this one. I hope it sounds good. I almost always use delay on main vocal, this time I put reverb on it. I hope it sounds good.

.mp3    cog in the machine.mp3 --  (Download: 6.71 MB)

Anyone ?
Hi Obelix, im waiting for some feedback too, sorry for my english.
1.- Personally dont like the guitar panning left, cause i think if you try to capture the live scense, will knox play his guitar and if i listen and i know that band, its just weird, i can imagine split will knox , you know what i mean? its a felling. Be carefull with that.

2.-about voice treatment, nice reverb. try to manipulate DE-Esse compression better cause SSSSS still sound

3.-Watch out with drum stick saturation, i feel the song has a lack of warmth

This is my very personal and short rate, hope you listen to my mix and analyze too, bye
[quote='borispulido' pid='29282' dateline='1425099991']
Hi Obelix, im waiting for some feedback too, sorry for my english.
1.- Personally dont like the guitar panning left, cause i think if you try to capture the live scense, will knox play his guitar and if i listen and i know that band, its just weird, i can imagine split will knox , you know what i mean? its a felling. Be carefull with that.

What could I do then ? I went with something that sounded good to me. I did not try to replicate live performance. And instrumentation was sparse, that is why I panned gtr to the left.
I think that drums could be mono and to left, while bass and guitar in center and violin to the right. Will this work ?
Or, let me try this- I double the violin - and pan it left and right and all other goes dead center.
One thing that I might try with this would be to pan the acoustic center, put a stereo delay on it with one side set to 0 ms and one set to 2ms, then widen it with a spacial enhancer of some sort (I like the waves s1). Then pull the violin in towards center as well, like maybe 50%, and add a little more space to it. It seems stark in contrast to the rest of the mix. Everything is nice and clean, but I think it could be a little more "glued." Not a bad mix at all, your levels are really nice.

Cheers!

Draper
V2 of this song

.mp3    cog.mp3 --  (Download: 6.61 MB)

Wow, you made the violin sound like an accordion. . . . And it works really well. At least to me. Crazy, I dig it!!

Draper
Actually, it would be great if they recorded accordion. It would have brought another dimension to this song. And a little mandolin part would have gone a long way.