Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot: A Reason To Leave
Here is my mix !

.mp3    A reason to leave-.mp3 --  (Download: 9.9 MB)

.mp3    A reason to leave _2..mp3 --  (Download: 9.91 MB)

This one made me bob my head! Wink
I like the punch you managed to get in the chorus. It feels good. Smile

A few things: I find the lead vocal too hot. I was listening the intro at a reasonable level but had to turn it down when the vocal came in. I would lower it by a good 2/3 db. Use compression and automation to taste to make it stand without overpowering the tune.
I would also try to raise the bass during the chorus and also during the last verse, maybe add some saturation as well, it's really driving the groove and I'm missing it a bit there.
And the outro is supposed to be a fade, it's not meant to end that abruptly...
I think in my mix I've faded from bar 155 until 167 if that helps.

Other than that, I like it, it's punchy and clear. Nice job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(24-12-2014, 07:30 AM)ptalbot Wrote: This one made me bob my head! Wink
I like the punch you managed to get in the chorus. It feels good. Smile

A few things: I find the lead vocal too hot. I was listening the intro at a reasonable level but had to turn it down when the vocal came in. I would lower it by a good 2/3 db. Use compression and automation to taste to make it stand without overpowering the tune.
I would also try to raise the bass during the chorus and also during the last verse, maybe add some saturation as well, it's really driving the groove and I'm missing it a bit there.
And the outro is supposed to be a fade, it's not meant to end that abruptly...
I think in my mix I've faded from bar 155 until 167 if that helps.

Other than that, I like it, it's punchy and clear. Nice job!

Thanks for the feedback done some adjustments and uploaded another version .
Sounds better MovedGecko but there's still no fade in the end... ?
Really it doesn't make any sense without it. I would have worked out a proper ending otherwise.
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(25-12-2014, 04:05 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Sounds better MovedGecko but there's still no fade in the end... ?
Really it doesn't make any sense without it. I would have worked out a proper ending otherwise.

opps uploaded the mix with fade out
Merry Christmas Big Grin !