Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ul-mix
this song turnout to be so sofffffffffffffffffffffft .

.mp3    ul-mix BannedFromTheZoo_TurnOnMe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.03 MB)

Hi ul

Listen to your mix as well and did a comparison with Eric's. Both mixes were both well done. I can hear the subtle differences, your mix had a dryer more up front vocals, full panned rhythm guitars, breathier flute, and little less overall ambience, all was balanced nicely. I'm just curious on what reverb type and time you used as a general reverb?

Vinnie
Lovely effects work on this mix. There's great blend, but it somehow feels very close and emotional. The vocal sounds full, wide and airy, and the flute seems to open out just a fraction without taking away the intimacy -- is there some kind of subtle tempo-delay going on in there?

I also like the LCR panning, because this is the kind of arrangement where it tends to work best, to my mind: not too much going on, so you really appreciated the extra spaciousness and the detail of the real (as opposed to phantom) extreme images; and also naturally complementary rhythm tracks to oppose (ukelele and guitar). Good call there, I'd say.

I have a feeling that you've favoured the bass amp signal, simply because the low-end weight appears to be somewhat uneven. I'd have made more use of the DI down there myself. The balance of the drums is very nice, though, and you've managed to get enough snare in there without making it seem too 'close-miked', which is an achievement. Nice stuff! Overall I think the band would do well with a mix like this.