Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue - Patrick Talbot mix Paulo
This is my mix of Blue on PT.
Let me know what u think !

.mp3    BLUE PATRICK TALBOT MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 10.47 MB)

Good ambience overall. I think the drums are a tad too hot, the toms in particular are jumping at me! Smile
Like the vocal treatment and general vibe though. Good job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
I agree with patrick. I think you may actually be overloading with your drums. If not you master or your individual channel, then an aux is being overload, or you're hitting a compressor too hard with your drums. The rest is nice and relaxed and balanced, but your drums are definitely too up front for the genre. Try bringing all of your individual faders down the same amount (maybe 3-6 db[yes, i know there is a huge difference between those values, but I'm giving an estimation]). You're right there, though!

Hope it helps, and have fun!
Draper
Most of the mixing work i do is for hiphop music, maybe thats why. But i think ur right. It doesnt work for the genre, i think i just starten working on the drums as i usual do, without anny further thinking. Thanks for the feedback guys!

(16-12-2014, 05:01 AM)loweche6 Wrote: I agree with patrick. I think you may actually be overloading with your drums. If not you master or your individual channel, then an aux is being overload, or you're hitting a compressor too hard with your drums. The rest is nice and relaxed and balanced, but your drums are definitely too up front for the genre. Try bringing all of your individual faders down the same amount (maybe 3-6 db[yes, i know there is a huge difference between those values, but I'm giving an estimation]). You're right there, though!

Hope it helps, and have fun!
Draper