Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix - Pennies
Hi Everyone!

I'm here to show you my version of "Pennies".

Hope you enjoy!

.mp3    Pennies - K27.mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
Hi,

interesting mix. I like the outro and the quite present sound you created over the complete mix. Maybe the vocals could be a 1db or 2 lower to bring out more of the rock feeling? And is that phasy sound of the guitars during the chorus on purpose? It seems a bit strange to me, reducing the impact this part could have.

Anyway, good job.
(05-01-2013, 08:40 PM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

interesting mix. I like the outro and the quite present sound you created over the complete mix. Maybe the vocals could be a 1db or 2 lower to bring out more of the rock feeling? And is that phasy sound of the guitars during the chorus on purpose? It seems a bit strange to me, reducing the impact this part could have.

Anyway, good job.

Hi Artbass!

The phasy sound of the chorus was on purpose, because I could not find any sound that pleases me about that distortion, so I try to bring a different mood for it.

I'll lower the vocals to make them sit more in the mix.

Thanks!
Kayoh Norcia
K27 Productions
www.k27.com.br
The drums and guitars all have a slightly plasticky feel somehow, which usually implies to me that there's been too much EQ boosting and gating going on, and not enough compression or effects. The snare and toms, for example, seem completely disconnected from the cymbals. You're also suffering quite a lot in mono, both from the guitars (did you pan the multi-mics without phase-checking them?) and from the cymbals folding in on themselves. My recommendation would be to try building a balance with the minimum of processing first, to see what the raw tracks themselves have to tell you about the way they might fit together naturally. You can always tweak things from there, but I find it usually starts me off in a more promising place.

On the plus side, you've managed to create a balance that can be pushed phenomenally loud with surprisingly few side-effects, which can be of value to some people, and there's skill in doing that effectively if that's the stated end.