Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
South of the Water mix
This is my first time posting....I had a great time mixing this one! It's great to see so many talented and passionate people....Any feedback or insight is welcome.

Thanks!
Eric

.mp3    south of the water e_m_williams mix.mp3 --  (Download: 2.79 MB)

Hi Eric,

Fun mixing this track indeed!

Some general comments:

- There is almost no low-end in the mix (bass guitar is nearly present)
- I think your drum sound has too much overhead, try to balance it more with the direct snare and kick.
-Most of the guitars are pushed to the background, I would bring them more forward since can add to the 'power' of the song.

RJ

(05-01-2013, 03:24 AM)Eric Williams Wrote: This is my first time posting....I had a great time mixing this one! It's great to see so many talented and passionate people....Any feedback or insight is welcome.

Thanks!
Eric

Thanks for listening! I agree with you on all points....I shoulda took my time to balance things out a little more. I just whipped this up in about 3 hours. Another friend of mine was saying the same thing about the low end.... I tend to let the vocals shine on my tracks so sometimes the guitars are a bit more back in the mix for some peoples' taste ( and I'm a guitar player! ) I'll be posting more mixes in the not too distant future because this is addictive. Didn't even know this site existed until a week ago!

Peace,
E
Here is a revised version of my mix... Big Grin

.mp3    South of the Water emw mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.03 MB)