Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carrigan_Hey Carrie Ann
Here's my mix:

Cubase in the box mix. Various plugins. Took a few creative liberties with this, however, I added no new material to the song. All material you here is taken directly from the tracks provided. Also, I did NOT sound-replace anything. Again, I just used the tracks themselves to make the arrangement a bit different. Hope you like it.

Tom

.mp3    Hey Carrie Anne.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Cool Chopping! Had to listen all the way to see what else was coming! Nice
(01-03-2015, 04:54 AM)alba Wrote: Cool Chopping! Had to listen all the way to see what else was coming! Nice

Alba.....thanks for the props...really appreciate it. I love mixing because to me, it's a creative endeavor. Do you have any mixes on the site? I'd like to hear them if you do.

Peace.....

Tom
Hey brother. I actually tried the same mix you did because it seemed like good practice. Had a build up to manage the frequencies, different dynamics. Just the vocs had some noises that I could not get rid of.

I didnt quite like my try. Ended up too bright. Well, it was blowing my computer speakers so the last tries I monitored through the computer speakers to get rid of the distortion. Now it sounds too bright on my DT770 headphones. I sold my pair of Bx5s. No monitors now for me.

I'm just a hobbyist so my world is not very valid, but I did like your mix. Very creative and clean sounding. It is smooth on the ears.

Right on brother. I hope to see more of your mixes here. Thanks for the contact.

Regards

(01-03-2015, 05:51 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 04:54 AM)alba Wrote: Cool Chopping! Had to listen all the way to see what else was coming! Nice

Alba.....thanks for the props...really appreciate it. I love mixing because to me, it's a creative endeavor. Do you have any mixes on the site? I'd like to hear them if you do.

Peace.....

Tom

Hi Tom,

I like the changes you made. I also went for the creative mixing approach on my attempt. I particularly like the call/response things you did with the vocals... the vocal is so repetitive on this one that it benefits greatly from the treatment you gave it. Nice transitions between different sections too - moving cymbals around and such. Did I sense a few swirling sounds in the panning too? The one bit that caught me was the electric guitar parts - I've commented on those in other posts too Smile Those sounded a bit out of place to me in your mix.. kind of a harsher sound popping up from time to time.

Anyway - enjoyed my listen!

Thanks for sharing and happy mixing,
John
(29-06-2015, 07:06 PM)jh16 Wrote: Hi Tom,

I like the changes you made. I also went for the creative mixing approach on my attempt. I particularly like the call/response things you did with the vocals... the vocal is so repetitive on this one that it benefits greatly from the treatment you gave it. Nice transitions between different sections too - moving cymbals around and such. Did I sense a few swirling sounds in the panning too? The one bit that caught me was the electric guitar parts - I've commented on those in other posts too Smile Those sounded a bit out of place to me in your mix.. kind of a harsher sound popping up from time to time.

Anyway - enjoyed my listen!

Thanks for sharing and happy mixing,
John

Thanks for your input, props, and suggestions. Believe me, they are all very much appreciated.

Tom