Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Devil's Words MIX
Very nice lead vocal sound, very smooth.

Nice clear drums. I'm in the process of mixing this and am envious of the tom sound. Very consistent.

Backgrounds could come up a bit and maybe have a little more bottom.

Otherwise I liked this very much.

Thanks for sharing. Smile

TC
The sweeping EQ on the guitars in the verse is great!!! I like the way they start to whisper to you. Love the drums!!!! And the chorus drives very well.
"Anything too dumb to be spoken should be sung" Know your bones - aKing
Hey could you please tell me what have you done to the vocals? I'm trying really hard to make them fit but they just stick out. Please advice and help! thanks Smile
Hi!

I applied some substractive EQs (on lows) and a multiband-compressor to tame a little bit the 2.5k range during the chorus. I also used a de-esser.

Hope it helps!

cheers,

RJ

(08-07-2014, 01:15 AM)sagar4848 Wrote: Hey could you please tell me what have you done to the vocals? I'm trying really hard to make them fit but they just stick out. Please advice and help! thanks Smile

yes, very solid mix here! It has great energy and is very well balanced (especially that over-hyped high end on cymbals that you controlled really well). Also, I love your eq sweeps. I don't mind at all that they disappear a touch at times. Great job.

Draper