Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix
Hello all... Just wanted to share my take on this one..

.mp3    What I Want-Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.33 MB)

There's something magical about the tight 'stomp' you've given this multitrack, and although it's quite different from the band's own preview version, I have to say I like it a lot. It's much more muscular as a groove, and makes me want to dance around, which I always like to think is a good thing for a mix. (If not for impressionable onlookers... Big Grin) It's also one of those mixes that makes me want to turn it up loud, and there's little in there to discourage the advancement of my volume control other than possibly(?) a touch too much 6kHz edge to the snare. Once the ornaments are starting to scuttle along my mantlepiece, the dancing guitar and vocal delays really destroy me -- I love that kind of detail in a mix, and they're beautifully judged between 'interesting' and 'distracting'. Lovely vocal sound/detail too, and the bass is both mean-spirited and controlled in a way that fits right in.

So what might I change. Hardly anything, to be honest! However if you want to twist my arm, then I'd maybe give the bass a bit more sub-frequency power of its own, and maybe even another couple of decibels below 200Hz or so across the whole mix. Could some of the backing parts have just a sprinkle of additional 200-400Hz warmth. A bit more piano growl in the chorus?I was just about to say 'a bit more expanse to the vocal effects in the final choruses', but then the delays sneaked up in level. Dammit, you fiendish mind-reading genius! Smile

I really should have moved on to the next critique already, but I can't stop listening to this mix. Much prefer it now to the preview. A privilege to listen to, Brunobennett sir -- thanks for posting!