Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting
Hi! Here is my mix of this song. Any comments will be appreciated Smile And thank you to the band to let us mix their song.

Thanks.

Dom

.mp3    Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting Mix 07.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

Hi Dom,
I think this is a good take on the song, just a few things that could improve in my opinion:
The drums lack a bit of impact, depth and balance. Some use of (side-)compression, verbs and distortion might help.
The chorus needs a bit more of depth as well (delays/verbs etc).
Nice version of the breakdown, the piano might be a tad too loud/in the front.
The lead vocals verb sits nice in there but is too prominent in the first verse, ride your fader.
The solo guitar (well, a problem by itself, for me at least it was Wink) changes to a rhythmic pattern when the chorus enters an disappears at the repetition. That leaves a hole in the arrangement, which needs a fix...

All this is of course just a matter of taste, and only meant to be of help!

Regards, M`Ray
Hey Dom,

Nice attempt at the song, Here's a few things I hear.

- First as we talked about it my mix, I think the bass is a little too much, but that is a preference.
- The guitars could use some more sustain, they tend to be to rhythmic overall, I would say play around with the compression some.
- The vocals tend to stick out alot, try over compressing a side chain, adding some high end and blending it with the normal vocal as it sits just barely above the mix.
- Overall the whole mix sounds crowded, I don't have a good way to explain fixing it, but Graham from Recording Revolution does Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAHpFCZstw

Overall I think it was a good attempt, I would say work on not crowding the mix and I think you've got it.

Regards - Robert
Pronounced Zar-oo-da-may
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they painted alot.
Thanks for commenting! I'm working on new version.

Dom