Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Horses - My first mix on this forum
Hi guys,

This is my first mix on this forum.

I have edited the whole song to click track, because I found the variating tempo sound a bit nervous. (the solo / bridge got messed up a bit so I leaved out her vocals on that part)

I have added various EQ's and hardware emulations and a lot of harmonics.

Please give me your feedback, I'm very curious. Big Grin

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses (Mixed by Pelle Kuipers).mp3 --  (Download: 10.02 MB)

(30-11-2014, 10:17 PM)pellekuipers Wrote: I have edited the whole song to click track

As an artist I would argue on the phrasing jump at 1:15 imprecisions at 1:56 cuts 2:15 -2:30 on, etc... But I'm not the artist. Anyway.
Are you sure you did right tempo alignment? something strange happens to the song flow. Psychedelic, out of tempo in the solos...

On more relevant matters, I think you've mixed a folk rock with metal drum that occupies a broad spectrum, especially midrange is dangerously cluttered. Kick for instance is all over the place, frequency wise. And this may have a non pleasant result on the audience. The 400Hz-centered muddiness is prominent and tiring to the ear.
More helpful: I would suggest to explore eq cutting before harmonics adding through reverbs and delays.
Definition of the sounds and sound occupancy of the parts should come before washing with modulation effects.

hope this helps
cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland