Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Bound
OK guys and gals, this is my first submission here. I have totally ignored the "noobs start here" advice and bit a big chunk off to start with. I have done a lot of studying (in isolation) so this will be a fresh look at how well I learned. Big Grin

Have at it, but be kind.

Thanks
KDub

.mp3    01 - Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault for Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 840.12 KB)

Hi KDub.
Your mix is really distorted and pumping, seems "band-passed", very lo-fi and aliased (maybe wrong mp3 bitrate?).
The snare top/bottom are out of phase, Rhythm GTRs are way too far, and the arpeggio Guitars are loud as hell.
I'm pretty sure you can do much better, pay attention to the output format, try to use never less than 192kbit CBR codec to save your mp3, 320kbit is obviously better.

Good luck!
Joe
(24-11-2014, 11:29 AM)Bigjoe Wrote: Hi KDub.
Your mix is really distorted and pumping, seems "band-passed", very lo-fi and aliased (maybe wrong mp3 bitrate?).
The snare top/bottom are out of phase, Rhythm GTRs are way too far, and the arpeggio Guitars are loud as hell.
I'm pretty sure you can do much better, pay attention to the output format, try to use never less than 192kbit CBR codec to save your mp3, 320kbit is obviously better.

Good luck!
Joe

Wow my monitors must be better than I thought, I am not hearing any of that. At any rate, per your suggestions, I have edited the drums, Snare was out of phase, but I am using very little of the bottom so it should not matter (infernal ring, I am a drummer). But I have corrected it. Kicks were out of phase as well, corrected. Removed some low freq, readjusted GTRs, altho this is to taste, exported at 320kbits.

Thanks for your candid observations.

.mp3    It Was My Fault for Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 13.2 MB)