Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the One
hello every one,

comments please

.mp3    youaretheonemaster.mp3 --  (Download: 15.71 MB)

Off the top, the acoustic feels like it has too much low end, and feels a bit boxy. Maybe a little cutting around 300 Hz would help? Or maybe it's that it feels like it exists in a completely different space than the rest of the mix. The vocals seem a touch thin, not overly, but a little bit. Maybe they just need to be brought up a touch? I like the overall balance of the instruments, just that damned acoustic.
There's a little too much bass in your electric during the first part of the solo as well, until the distortion kicks in.
The acoustic up front needs a bit more presence, I agree, as does the lead. In fact, it sounds like you may have carved too much of the low end out of that part, giving it a somewhat thin sound. The lead also needs a little more level. This song is all about "Me and my guitar" so I don't think it is worth trying overly hard to blend that lead. We want it to stand out. The vocals are just bookends for the principal tune. You've got the drums tamped down nicely so that they're not poking at us and I like the sound you got a lot but I'd like to hear a touch more kick drum and the ride at ~3:50 can afford to come up a bit too. Consider letting the attack on that bass guitar come up as well. There's a nice moving line in there and I think it is worth hearing but I feel that it doesn't really need a lot of sustain to do its job.
Old West Audio