Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
It Was My Fault For Waiting RJMIX
This one took me more time than usual!
Is it me or do the guitar recordings sound... challenging?
They must be Amp simulations or something.. I really had a hard time blending them in without sounding too harsh but remaining powerful..

Cheers!

.mp3    It Was My Fault For Waiting RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

.mp3    It Was My Fault For Waiting RJMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

.mp3    It Was My Fault For Waiting RJMIX3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.22 MB)

Hi Erjee!
Nice Punchy mix!
I like vary much your guitars and kick drum. The snare is pretty punchy but has a "plastic" quality, like too much polished, in contrast with that raw and grainy guitars (just a matter of taste btw).
Really lovely vocals.
The mix itself is powerful and rich, but i feel like there's too much low-end going on.
Nice job!
Really liked this mix.

Cheers
Joe
Joe, thanx for the feedback.
I agree the lows were a bit too dominant (although in general I like that Smile) and I tamed the bass guitar a bit.

I think I understand your snare point, and gave it more mids for that 'raw' quality.
not sure if it is better that way..

I made a new mix (MIX2)

[edit] ... and I added some more room to the drums.. MIX3 Smile

Cheers!

(14-11-2014, 11:42 PM)Bigjoe Wrote: Hi Erjee!
Nice Punchy mix!
I like vary much your guitars and kick drum. The snare is pretty punchy but has a "plastic" quality, like too much polished, in contrast with that raw and grainy guitars (just a matter of taste btw).
Really lovely vocals.
The mix itself is powerful and rich, but i feel like there's too much low-end going on.
Nice job!
Really liked this mix.

Cheers
Joe

Hi! I've listened to the 3rd mix and i really like it... Snare sound really well. You create a nice place for every instruments and it's tight and punchy.

Thanks for sharing.

Dom
(12-11-2014, 09:40 PM)ERJEE Wrote: This one took me more time than usual!
Is it me or do the guitar recordings sound... challenging?
They must be Amp simulations or something.. I really had a hard time blending them in without sounding too harsh but remaining powerful..

Cheers!

Hi Erjee,
yeah, guitars are...special!
I really like your mix.
Maybe the drums could be a bit more compact/balanced (sometimes some parts stick out). Frequency wise a bit more highs could help.
But in total it´s a nice shot!
Please let me know, what you think of my mix, thanks.
M`Ray