Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
trying to balance Mullings
Had this on my machine for a few days and finally think it's time to seek out a few opinions. some of the other mixes have less top end overall so maybe I need to make some changes to my room etc. Don't hold back now. Cheers

.mp3    Spike Mullings.mp3 --  (Download: 6.71 MB)

Hi Macperson welcome to the forum. This is only my second outing on here although I joined about a year ago and it's good to see this track still being mixed - I just made and posted mine too. I like the way you draw the power in your mix from the drums - they seem open and yet washed out enough to keep the motion rolling. The only thing I'd say is that the sub on the kick is quite distracting for me - I keep thinking that I have a noisy neighbour!
OSX - PT10 - Logic
Thanks for the reply. I played mine in the car not long after and had to fix the kick but never uploaded another cos no one seemed bothered. I'm always trying to fit stuff together like a band a space yet still make it audiable rather than separate it just for claritys sake. I'll give yours a listen and report back if you like.
Thanks - I'd really appreciate that. I'd like to hear you post car ride mix too :-)
OSX - PT10 - Logic
Hi couldn't find another mix so I opened the project and piddlled around for a bit longer like I haven't got work to do so there you go Stanley Red. Hopefully the sub is under control! Just listened to it now and the vocal is a bit quiet......

.mp3    Whingin Spike.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)