Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD TIME (first upload to this discussion group)
Cool

I started about a year ago doing mixes in PT and one week ago I found his site and since I have been trying to mix at least 4 songs per week just to practice. Don't expect anything brilliant (YET) but I would really like to have some feedback and criticism

.mp3    Good time .mp3 --  (Download: 11.42 MB)

4 per week.. ambitious! I rarely have enough time to do more than one every ten days if I focus on it but then I work more slowly than others and I tend to fuss a lot in the end stages.

I think there is too much sustain on your kick drum. Might want to change your compressor settings there. The snare could also probably stand to drop about 3 dB. It kinda punches a bit harder than it should for my tastes, especially on top of that solo.

Something about the frequency balance doesn't feel quite right to me but I'm not sure what is off about it. It just sounds like there's a certain lack of clarity.

The delays in the vocal are interesting. I'm not sure I've heard anyone else here do that in their mixes. You might even do with bringing those out a little more.

Welcome, BTW!
Old West Audio
Hi
Welcome to this great site !

I agree with Azwayne there are some resonant frequencies I can hear on especially on the kick , also a gate may help clean up the resonant tail !
I Have attached kink which hopefully helps a little with locating resonant frequencies !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8UitXa...YkJTzFXGxw

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Oh guys! this already helps so much! I will try those things! After a second good listen to this at the studio it actually felt like my drums were "bigger" than they should. Thedon thanks for taking the time for putting up that youtube link. I will try this like NOW Wink
Good balance on your mix. The kick is a little flabby and a simple gate should fix that and tighten it up. The whole band is in a nice space but I feel like the vocal isn't as cohesive as everything. Some reverb on it and some buss compression would get it sitting real nice. Overall though good job!