Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Together Alone (Mishev Master)
I've always mixed and mastered my own music, so it was a little weird mastering a song I wasn't familiar with. It wasn't as bad as I thought though. I'm not very good at EQing drums and white noise, but I'd like to think I did pretty decent with everything else. Comments welcome.

Btw, first post here Smile

.mp3    Skelpolu - Together Alone (Mishev Master).mp3 --  (Download: 12.63 MB)

Hey Mishev!

Great Mix! The balance is alright, but I would appreciate seeing some more of the Background-Elements, such as the Piano. The relation between Drums, Bass & Vocals are really well done! EQing seems also pretty solid, so nothing to say there.

Great idea with the Cymbal-Delay combined with the Filter - Also very good outro, in my opinion even more creative than the original, keep it up with your originality!
Again, I would love to see a Mix with these things in mind. Amazing Mix so far, Mishev. Smile
Hey Skelpolu.

(10-02-2015, 03:10 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: Great Mix! The balance is alright, but I would appreciate seeing some more of the Background-Elements, such as the Piano.

I somehow goofed with the piano. After dusting the project file off, I found out I didn't even touch it. Haha! It should sound a lot better now.

(10-02-2015, 03:10 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: The relation between Drums, Bass & Vocals are really well done! EQing seems also pretty solid, so nothing to say there.

I guess I shouldn't sell myself short Blush

(10-02-2015, 03:10 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: Great idea with the Cymbal-Delay combined with the Filter - Also very good outro, in my opinion even more creative than the original, keep it up with your originality!

Thanks dude! I'm glad you like my work because I couldn't help but add some more of my own touches to it, specifically the vocals.

(10-02-2015, 03:10 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: Again, I would love to see a Mix with these things in mind. Amazing Mix so far, Mishev. Smile

Thanks again.

I really hope it isn't too bad this time around since my usual headphones are broken. I had to use 70's speakers and a cheap logitech headset. On top of that, the project file was a mess, so some things had to be re-leveled and such. I'll definitely upload a 3rd mix once I get my headphones replaced.

.mp3    Skelpolu - Together Alone (Mishev Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.16 MB)

Glad to see your new Mix!

Right of the bat, it's louder obviously. Rolleyes
That's well thought out, as the Dynamic Range suits the musical genre we are working with here way more than before.

Yes, the background-elements are shining like never before, great job!
In the process, the Kick & Snare got thinned out. That's probably due to your current equipment, so nobody can blame you for that of course.
I do find, without referencing to other tracks right now, that the bass content might be a tad too much, say, 2 dB. But I might be mistaken on that one.
Otherwise, great job at making everything as good as can be! Smile

I didn't comment on it last time, but I really love the filter effect on the drums from 2:56 - 3:18!
I never actually thought about letting the filter take away nearly everything and then having it a come back right -before- the beat kicks in again.
But that gives it so much impact, I'll consider using this method myself in the future. Smile

/edit:
Quote:Thanks dude! I'm glad you like my work because I couldn't help but add some more of my own touches to it, specifically the vocals.
Of course, being creative is good, but making it appeal to the original artist is a completely different story.
Personally, I like it when people go nuts on the tracks, as long as it still sounds good.
Some artists, especially in other genres, would probably go "Nah, we'd like it less effect-y".
Again, it's trial & error. I'd always make a creative and an original mix for the artist to listen to and decide, even if the creative-mix has only subtle changes. Smile

P.S.:
I like how you accidentally wrote [/quality] instead of [/quote] - Took me a while to figure out what was going on there. WinkBig Grin