Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IWMFFW SpedeMix is here!
Hi. Had a day off today so I decided to put it to good use and practice some mixing for a change. Smile

Quite a song I must say! Lots of good elements going on here. I must mention that the snare sound in this one is one of the best I've had a chance to mix. Despite that I added a snare sample to compensate the hihat leakage. A sample I recorded myself - and it sounded exactly the same as the one in the track! Too bad the toms were edited in a really funky way (no sustain in the choruses); I did what I could with them, but they still sound a bit cheap.

.m4a    IWMFFW_SpedeMix_Mastered.m4a --  (Download: 9.19 MB)

(09-11-2014, 11:53 AM)biardakmix Wrote: Hi Spede!

Awesome mix as always (I mean volume balance, effects etc.), but i think your mix is muddy. I would use exciter a little. It's just my opinion. I don't know if you wanted to get that sound.

Not far from the truth. The guitars actually have too much low end which contributes to the main muddiness. Only realized this couple of days later from posting. I'll very likely do something about it if I have an excuse to reopen the session.
Powerful mix with good balance!

Maybe a bit more HF-air could make it more sparkly.?

Cheers!

(05-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Spede Wrote: Hi. Had a day off today so I decided to put it to good use and practice some mixing for a change. Smile

Quite a song I must say! Lots of good elements going on here. I must mention that the snare sound in this one is one of the best I've had a chance to mix. Despite that I added a snare sample to compensate the hihat leakage. A sample I recorded myself - and it sounded exactly the same as the one in the track! Too bad the toms were edited in a really funky way (no sustain in the choruses); I did what I could with them, but they still sound a bit cheap.

Hi Spede, nice to see you here!
You nailed levels and spacing for every single element of this mix.
Nice punchy sound, the drums are hitting hard always and costantly.
The low end is a bit too much for my ears... the top end is just fine and silky on vocals and cymbals, if you tame some of the low end rumble this mix could be a killer one.

Cheers
Joe
(05-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Spede Wrote: Hi. Had a day off today so I decided to put it to good use and practice some mixing for a change. Smile

Hi Spede,
I also think a little cleaning up with some EQ would turn your mix into a great one. It sounds like every things is there but a bit covered in "dark sauce" and grittiness Smile
Let me know what you think of my mix!
Cheers, M`Ray