Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Motherload
Motherload

.mp3    mastered-3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.36 MB)

Nice mix. The singer could use a De-esser and you might want to try bussing everything to a separate Aux track and creating a reverb off of that. Then slowly bring it up and mix it in with your direct signal. It just help cement everything together.

Thank you for that detailed feedback! Much Appreciated.
I would drop the level of the accordion a little and move it towards the center a bit. It's dominating the right channel too much. Other than that, great mix! Smile
Huh That's what i like the most Wink

(12-07-2015, 07:17 PM)LupoPazzo Wrote: Huh That's what i like the most Wink

I do like the accordion, too. I instead gave it some verb unique to the rest of the mix and moved it around the stage. Check out my mix to hear that effect.

I noticed you also liked the lowest frequencies of that bass as much as I did. I found, though, that if you listen to that through something that can produce very low frequencies (I used Sennheiser cans that can reproduce 10Hz or lower), this bass will overwhelm the mix at many points. I had bump up the HPF on that and I think your mix would also benefit from that. ...not too far, though, because that is the only instrument in the mix that has this depth.

I didn't make my mix quite as loud because I wanted to use the dynamics of the verse vs. the chorus to keep emotion and interest in the song - especially on the vocal "undone" at the end of the chorus, that I intentionally dried out for the intimate emotion of it.
Oh man i made this loud Undecided
(17-10-2015, 07:24 AM)LupoPazzo Wrote: Oh man i made this loud Undecided
I also initially made mine a bit too loud at first and then backed it off. I wanted the dynamic range left over so that I could make the chorus and instrumental solos stand out. Don't be afraid of making a mix that is not loud. The loudness I initially had in mine pulled the life out of it dynamically and it came back when I backed off on some mix bus compression, etc.
Thanks for your comments, too!
I'll post my mix soon. I started it a while back and didn't finish it. Confused