Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud And Clear - AZ Mix
Oh, I had lots of stuff routed to group faders, believe me. I had each vocal line grouped and then those feeding a stem fader. Depending on waht i was trying to do, the plugin would go one place or the other. I ended up with 45+ tracks and aux faders A-S...

WRT tone, yeah, there are different ways to go about that. I tend to favore more classic stuff and I guess that this influenced how I mixed things. It probably could use a little more punch here and there.

Melodyne could be an issue partly because I was not trying to get it perfect. (Perfect is usually the wrong goal anyway because it starts to sound too artificial and, while getting them much closer, I deliberately left things a few points one way or the other of center specifically for that reason.) I was really at the limits of what I could do with my present skill set without either sapping the life from the performance or getting some many artifacts from adjustments that it would be plainly audible in the mix.

I purposely didn't want to try to match the sound of the vocals too closely since I wanted to use those differences. Guess it doesn't work for everyone...

Now, the piano was an issue. I could not get it to come forward anymore without it just cluttering everything. I worked at that but couldn't figure out what was wrong. If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. I thought the EG was fine, though. The horns are there, just not up front. May be able to bring those out a bit more after some EQ tweeks.
Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by thedon - 05-11-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 06-11-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 07-11-2014, 04:30 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by Moonwrist - 18-11-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 19-11-2014, 05:09 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 28-11-2014, 05:16 AM