Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud And Clear - AZ Mix
Hello

Delay can do magic in case you are having a phase problem. I ended up to 1,6 ms for keys but we probably have a bit different eq settings.
There are some peaks in your mix. Do you have an analyzer plugin to hunt those? Vocals jumped out a lot in the mid range (500-1000) couple of times.

I listened the second mix and here some points I noticed.

To me your mix sounds small and delicate but this is a rock song. It should be big and in your face and what the lyrics tell us Cool
Maybe just a bit larger reverbs and more compression and automation to keep something big in front of the listener all the time.
That "are you hearing me..." part from right jumps out nicely and it is a good hook for audience and same thing with that guitar pan.
Those two vox at the end sums somehow weird when they sing together. Maybe melodyne has got something to do with it?
I think you should spend a little time to get the different vocals to sound similar.
Now it somehow distract listening when you here that it is the same singer but he sounds really different.
I would also like to hear more gtr and keys in the mix to give pads between drums and acgtr hits.
And finally. Where are the horns?

These are maybe somehow negative points, but those are the easiest to notice and someone lazy as me can't wrote all the good things Wink

Don't be afraid to put plugins int the master or group/sub master. Take it as an opportunity to learn.
Especially group master offers you and easy way to set up a compressor to take care a group of channels. And that also makes it easier to set up tha master comp and limiter if needed.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.

Messages In This Thread
Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by thedon - 05-11-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 06-11-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 07-11-2014, 04:30 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by Moonwrist - 18-11-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 19-11-2014, 05:09 AM
RE: Loud And Clear - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 28-11-2014, 05:16 AM