Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk To Me Baby RJMIX
..again a Telefunken multitrack with lots of nice, high quality sounds : I Like!

However imo the bleed in the overheads and rooms was hard to work with.
Also the guitars needed some EQ shaping to prevent build up of the lower frequencies.

Cheers!

.mp3    Talk To Me Baby RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.72 MB)

Really cool ERJEE. It's jumping out of my speakers at me! Big Grin
I think the snare is a bit bulky though, too much low-end, and I'm wondering about the crash accentuating it, I'm not sure I like it, it sounds a bit weird. But I suppose there's not much you can do about it.
Overall great mix!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Well done done here,i starting mixing this and it was like pulling teeth.This is a hard mix.
Thanks, It is indeed a tougher one. I started with making the drums-bass and vocals sounds good and then filled in the rest.. but I did not use every track!

Cheers!

(02-11-2014, 02:55 AM)takka360 Wrote: Well done done here,i starting mixing this and it was like pulling teeth.This is a hard mix.

I agree. Very nice job on this one. Mine will be below yours. Your drums sound very good to me Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
agreed this is a time sink mix, particularly the drums. Sounds like you've gone down the same road i did with the kick and replaced it but keep in mind the originals dynamics are quite varied and i'd be careful in just pasting the same velocities throughout, yours loses a lot of its feel and gelling with the rest of the kit to my ears.

lovely control on the Lvocal, why they didn't use the lovely compressors when recording is a little beyond me cause the dynamics are a pig to control. I resorted to a ton of volume automation and rms and peak compression to get it anywhere near yours.

Really enjoyed this - vocals are excellent. The replacement kick (and snare?) really helps with nailing the bass so that the bottom end really pumps .... that is the real weakness of the original raw tracks. Maybe an automated fader ride on the vocals after the solo on the final chorus would be the icing on the cake. Great job

Thanks!
I indeed replaced the kick, but not the snare.

Indeed maybe the last chorus could have a bit more vocal icing..

Cheers!

(08-11-2014, 08:24 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Really enjoyed this - vocals are excellent. The replacement kick (and snare?) really helps with nailing the bass so that the bottom end really pumps .... that is the real weakness of the original raw tracks. Maybe an automated fader ride on the vocals after the solo on the final chorus would be the icing on the cake. Great job

Good sonics!! Sounds great!

The doubling effect on the lead vocal is perhaps a bit too obvious for this kind of song.

The guitar solo sounds good. It's dark just in the right way!

...I guess I find nothing else to comment on Big Grin It's a good mix.
Wow those vocals really sound awesome, nicely done! I am mixing this as well, and you've done such a nice job with it. The drums maybe could be a smidge lower, but otherwise wow! Very inspiring Smile