Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL THE SAME - AWESOME MIX
Tell me what you think. I replaced the kick track on the choruses for more attack and aggressiveness, and i also "squashed" the cymbals with compression for a more powerful effect. I have this set up as a song with very dramatic swings in heaviness. I hope you guys like it. If you want to know anything else I did, just leave a question with what you are wanting to know on this thread.

.mp3    North To Alaska 1.4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.13 MB)

This mix is tweaked a little. I thought the bass in the previous mix was a bit too twangy sounding, and the kick didn't seem to cut through as much. I tried making the stereo field wider by changing how some of the rhythm guitars were EQ'd. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    North To Alaska 1.6.mp3 --  (Download: 9.13 MB)

That's nice and punchy Eman!
I like the bass during the hard section but I think it's still to twangy during the soft sections, probably too loud there as well.
You could perhaps mult it and use a different treatment there, or use automation to lower its level and EQ it differently.
The guitars are a bit biting right now, I think you could use a high shelf to get rid of some of the fizz.
Please take that with a grain of salt, I'm just starting myself Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thank you for the feedback. After resting my ears from this song for a few days now, I do notice that the bass is still too twangy in the sections with lower intensity. I will try to make that adjustment to the bass without affecting the hard section. I will also try see what I can do on the guitar tone. I will consider bringing the presence down on the heavy guitars.
I toned down the high end on the bass guitar in the verses and I warmed it up at the same time. I also put a high pass on the rhythm guitars in the heavy part, I think that fixed the fuzziness issue on the tone. I also warmed up a few other clean guitar parts and toned down the high end. Let me know what your thoughts are on this mix.

.mp3    North To Alaska 1.7.mp3 --  (Download: 9.13 MB)