Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix - 'Through My Eyes'
This is an amazing song and I enjoyed mix it. Cool

.mp3    Through My Eyes - Jay Menon.mp3 --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

Your balancing is pretty much on the money in general terms, so you're off on the right foot already! Some of the depth perspective feels a bit tangled for a vocal-led pop ballad like this, though, with the snare, cymbals, and acoustic rhythm guitars coming rather too far forward for me preference. If you let the vocal have command over the highs more than they do, that'll help a lot, and will also give you a subjectively clearer vocal transmission.

The main thing that I'd tweak with what you've done apart from that, though, is try to enhance the sustain in the track as a whole. Parallel compression is your friend here, and pretty much everything here could benefit from it. Warm plate reverb is another thing that can really help with piano and guitars, giving extra resonance to their pitched components. You've already got enough natural reverb, though, so I wouldn't just fade that up any further really.

Beyond that, the vocal level needs to be absolutely rock solid, and it's still a bit inconsistent on my Avantone.